Monday, March 2, 2009
Thoughts on Midway and their possible loss of the MK franchise
Alright, well I know I've been MIA since February but I'm back, and this time with a more serious post and my thoughts. I recently read a article about the bad sales and gaming that has been produced by Midway. I've been a long time fan of the Mortal Kombat franchise since early childhood dating back to my Super Nintendo and have pretty much beaten all the MK games that have been produced. But, midway's latest release Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe did disappoint a little bit, mainly because of the fact that it was rated "T" instead of maintaining it's usual "M" rating. I think most of us knew that it's biggest competition, well more like a true franchise killer was indeed the recent release of Street Fighter IV, which was one of the most anticipated games of the year and truly did live up to it's hype. Now, the topic I'm here to talk about is the possible loss that Midway could possibly face, and that's the loss of one of their oldest franchises known to day, "Mortal Kombat". With the mediocre ratings and somewhat good sales, we could possibly see the MK franchise being bought by another gaming cooperation. Such names include, Ubisoft and Capcom. If this were to occur, what would that mean for one of the most famous franchises and probably the only contender that would ever be in the same league as the Street Fighter franchise? Possibly, a fresh start for the franchise plus maybe a reboot of the franchise. We could also see future titles that some of us could only dream of like possibly MK vs Street Fighter. Only time will tell and probably if Midway decides to step up their game to save a franchise that is a true contender to any other fighting game or we will see a franchise reach its unfortunate end and possibly see the death of the Mortal Kombat franchise? You decide......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment